Sunday 2nd, Monday 3rd and Wednesday 5th September 1832

Sunday 2nd September 1832

Till three and a half sewing watch pocket in new pelisse and putting strings to petticoat and getting all ready to put on tomorrow to go with Miss Walker.


Monday 3rd September 1832

Put on my new pelisse 1st time and off with Miss Walker who had been sitting 1/4 hour with my aunt at 11 50/.. – we called and sat 35 minutes with Mrs and Miss Mary (banker) Briggs on the death of Mrs Rawdon Briggs – then drove to Pye Nest – 1/2 hour there – then 25 minutes with Mrs Dyson Willow, found returned her call of thanks but then 3/4 hour at Throp’s not intending to begin a regular visiting - looking at shrubs and flowers then called at the door each left our card and particular inquires after Mrs Saltmarshe, and then made sundry shoppings and Miss Walker set me down at our own gate at 5 1/2.

Miss W and I got on very well, she was not for going to Pyenest. she wed me a queer huffy letter she had had from Mrs Edwards, would not call before November. I advised differently and we went but I see there will be no cordiality again between them, this will not suit me the less well. She seems well enough inclined to consult me and tell me all, I am to choose shrubs for her and she for me. Begged her not to stay longer than three weeks or if she did not go so soon as Wednesday to be back on the twenty sixth and I would breakfast with her on the twenty seventh at which she seemed pleased. I oned and said she had better go with me and be at Rome for Easter, her refusal was weak enough to make me guess her going. As possible, she does not seem to dislike me at any rate, well what shall we make of it? If she was fond of me and manageable, I think I could be comfortable enough with her – 

Wrote the above of today till 8 1/2 – Miss Walker left me today the 3 8vo volumes History of Paris I saw and asked for when last calling on her (on Friday) – 


Wednesday 5th September 1832

Incurred a cross thinking of Miss Walker first time.




Original diary pages here:

Part 1 - https://www.catalogue.wyjs.org.uk/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=CC00001%2f7%2f9%2f6%2f15%2f112&pos=1

Part 2 - https://www.catalogue.wyjs.org.uk/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=CC00001%2f7%2f9%2f6%2f15%2f113&pos=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Would you like to come for dinner, and stay all night?

Friday 10th August 1832

Getting cosy in the Moss House